Primer Test is the work-in-progress lab of REC Festival. It offers a space for films in postproduction which want to receive the assessment of international audiovisual agents. Distributors, programmers and sales agents give advice to directors and producers to help the selected films to get in the international market.
Primer Test started in 2014, and faces its 6th edition in 2019, which will take place on the 4th and 5th of December, during the celebration of REC Festival Internacional de Cinema de Tarragona.
El Primer Test RECLab 2019 presents the following seven selected projects:
Pedra Pàtria. Dir. Macià Florit Campins. Prod. Elsabeth produccions
La Muga. Dir. Alba Bresolí.
El Riu. Dir. Tuixén Benet. Prod. Isis Velasco
¿Qué hicimos mal? Dir. Liliana Torres. Prod. Matriuska Producciones, Avalon, Miss Wasabi
A Stormy night. Dir. David Moragas. Prod. Oberon Media
El Rastro firme. Dir. Fernando Gómez-Luna. Prod. Omen Cinema (Premi Rec – Festival l’Alternativa – Mentoring Projects)
Transoceánicas. Dir. Meritxell Colell & Lucía Vassallo – Prod. Intropia Media
This year’s edition counts on the presence of various international experts, who will advise and guide the promoters of the proposals presented. The members of this group that will participate in the FIRST RECLab TEST this year are:
- Julian Ross (Netherlands) – Programmer at Locarno Film Festival & International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR)
- Léa Klein (France) – Stray Dogs, International Sales and Distribution
- Jana Wolff (Germany) – Berlinale, European Film Market (EFM). Head of Marketing & Advertising.
- Georg Bütler (Switzerland) – Zurich Film Festival. Senior Programmer, Head of Editorial Department.
- Tina Hajon (Croatia) – ARI PIKULE, Production and Distribution, Programmer at Sarajevo Film Festival & Artistic Director at DA2 – Zagreb Design, Art & Architecture Film Festival.
PRIMER TEST Awards:
In collaboration with Festival L’Alternativa, Malaga Film Festival, Cinemart Rotterdam, Catalan Films and Eclair, Primer Test RecLab 2019 offers the following awards:
- ECLAIR AWARD:Sponsored by Eclair and awarded by the committee of experts participating at Primer Test RecLab. It consists of the production of the master in DCP of the original version of the film and a first subtitled version.
- MÁLAGA WORK IN PROGRESS AWARD:Thanks to the collaboration between Festival Rec de Tarragona and Malaga Film Festival. The selection committee of Malaga Work In Progress awards the prize, which consists of the direct selection and automatic participation of the project awarded to the MALAGA WORK IN PROGRESS 2020.
- CINEMART AWARD:Thanks to the collaboration between Catalan Films & TV and Festival Rec de Tarragona. A Catalan Films & TV committee awards the prize. The award-winning project will be able to travel together with Catalan Films & TV to the Rotterdam International Film Festival and participate in industry activities and in its Cinemart co-production market, held from January 26th to 29th, 2020 in Rotterdam.
Some of the films selected in Primer Test’s previous editions are:
–Game Over, by Alba Sotorra (Karlovy Vary, Best Documentary Gaudí Award)
–Júlia Ist, by Elena Martín (Biznaga de Plata in Malaga)
–Facing the Wind, by Meritxell Colell (Berlinale Forum)
–Trinta Lumes, by Diana Toucedo (Berlinale Panorama)
With the support of:
In collaboration with: